I jotted down this list month while sitting in the sunshine out in 'Sconset last month and now it's full swing summer on Nantucket! So here are all my recommendations for our favorite island.
[Photo of Cru]
Where to Dine
- Millie's - Out on Madaket Beach, a casual island favorite for the best tacos on and their famous Madaket Mystery drink!
- CRU - (pictured above) The most picturesque waterfront location in Nantucket harbor with the best views, a fun vibe (day or night or late night) and delicious food!
- Straight Wharf - Fine dining in the restaurant and a casual (sometimes sloppy) scene in the bar.
- Summer House - A hotel and restaurant at the top of 'Sconset, with one of my favorite hidden lunch spots below the bluffs. Snag a couch for lunch and order a lobster roll and glass of rosé at their beach bar with your feet in the sand!
- The Pearl - Fun atmosphere and great food. I love the Lobster Rangoon!
- Topper's - Prix-fixe or a la carte menu in a quintessential waterfront location at the Wauwinet on the other side of the island! Don't want to splurge for dinner, enjoy it for brunch! Pro tip: Take the launch boat from their sister hotel, White Elephant hotel across the harbor.
- Black Eye Susan's - BYOB for dinner or a worth-the-wait breakfast!
- Island Kitchen - For when you're fed up with the traffic in town, this mid-island spot has delicious food at great prices!
[Photo of Galley Beach]
Where to Drink
- Cisco Brewery - Featuring a Winery, Brewery, and Distillery, Cisco Brewery is always a good time! Live music, kid-friendly and always filled with dogs, the Brewery is a must for a post-beach drink. They also have food trucks from 167 Raw, Millie's, Poke, and The Lobster Trap (you must try their Lobster Mac & Cheese Eggroll).
- Galley Beach - (pictured above) Spectacular views paired with great food, The Galley is definitely the number one place to watch the sunset on the island with a glass rosé of in hand. If you don't want to splurge on dinner, you can get all the magic of the island sunset by just going for drinks!
- Afterhouse - Great wine list and cozy vibe.
- Back Bar - Great playlist and a lively atmosphere behind Ventuno.
- Chicken Box - An institution on the island and the spot to go if you want to get sloppy and dance. Check to see who's playing, sometimes they get great bands like The Revivalists!
- Graydon House - The romantic bar scene is tight but beautifully done, definitely worth checking out in this relatively new hotel in town.
[Photo of Claudette's Turkey Salad Sandwich]
Where to Grab & Go
- Something Natural - Great sandwiches and their tuna is amazing! You'll find their bread for sale all over the island.
- Claudette's - (pictured above) The go-to sandwich spot in 'Sconset. Try the turkey or seafood salad.
- Juice Bar - The best ice cream, but expect a line during peak hours!
- Provisions - In town option for sandwiches, I love their Sicilian Tuna!
- Lemon Press - A great spot to grab a coffee, smoothie, wrap or breakfast sandwich. Tons of fresh and healthy options.
- Bartlett's Farm - Bartlett's Farm is Nantucket's oldest and largest family-owned farm offering fresh locally grown vegetables, flowers, and groceries, plus lots of prepared foods for the beach! Grab a sandwich and take a right out of the parking lot to head down to Ladies Beach.
[Photo of White Elephant Hotel]
Where to Stay
- White Elephant - (pictured above) Harborside hotel, close walk to town. Their new property, White Elephant Village has modern suites with kitchens and living rooms that are great for families!
- Graydon House - A hip and high-end new-ish hotel.
- Lofts & Cottages - Adorable cottages on the docks, complete with kitchens.
- The Wauwinet - If you're looking for something more remote, The Wauwinet is a sophisticated retreat on the far side of the island.
- Cliffside Beach Club - A spectacular resort vibe on the beach near Galley Beach.
- The Roberts Collection - A collection of houses in the heart of town at reasonable prices.
[Photo of Cliff Walk]
- Cliff Walk in Sconset - (pictured above) A Nantucket developer in the late 1800s believed the beauty of the Sconset bluffs should be enjoyed by everyone and not reserved for the extremely wealthy. He created a public walkway in between the bluffs and the yards of the homes that line the coastline.
- Beach Barre by Forme Barre Fitness - An amazing workout class on the beach to start the day!
- Bike Rides - If you want to see the island without renting a car there are great bike paths around the entire island and out to most of the beaches.
- Tennis at Jetties Beach - These public courts at Jetties allow you to reserve a court in advance.
- Water Sports - Whether you're looking for SUP or sailing lessons there are a ton of options, start with Nantucket Community Sailing.
- Golf - For the novice hit up the driving range at Miacomet or the Siasconset 9-holer.
[Photo of Sconset Beach]
Where to Beach
- Ladies Beach - Beautiful beach past Bartlett's Farms, so a grab snack on the way!
- Cisco Beach - Popular with surfers.
- Sconset Beach - (pictured above) On the far side of the island, it's a bit more mellow.
- Steps - I love this quiet beach for an earlier morning walk.
- Jettie's Beach - Family-friendly beach with lots of activities and a fun beach bar, Sandbar.
- Tom Nevers - A bit out in no man's land, but usually the most empty!
- Madaket - Beautiful beach out past Millie's. Go for a walk or the sunset while you wait for your table.
- Great Point - Take the long drive over the dunes out to the lighthouse for a beach barbeque.
- Surfside - Great for families with food and restrooms.
- Nobadeer Beach - If you're looking for the party scene!
[Photo of Beau & Ro at The Skinny Dip]
Where to Shop
- The Skinny Dip - (pictured above) Shop the full collection of Beau & Ro here!
- 28 Center Pointe - Well-curated home decor and accessories.
- Milly & Grace - Beautiful dresses, apparel and accessories.
- Beauty Counter - Clean beauty products, you'll get hooked!
- Goop - Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop has a new store on Nantucket with skincare, makeup, clothing, wellness products and even sex toys!
- Faherty Brand - Sustainably-minded, super soft clothing for men and women.
- Samual Owen Gallery - My favorite contemporary gallery on the Nantucket! Worth a peek inside.
- Murray's Toggery - The creator of Nantucket Reds and an institution on the island!
- Mitchell's Book Corner - Pop into this sweet bookstore to pick up your beach read.
- Flowers on Chestnut - A beautiful flower shop, overflowing from floor to ceiling with blooms!